Visiting Our Campus
The best way to get a feel for the College of Music and to learn more about our programs is to schedule a visit. Your visit will include a session with our Music Admissions staff, who can answer your questions regarding our programs, admission requirements, auditions, and financial aid. During the fall and spring semesters, we can introduce you to our faculty and arrange for you to meet with a specific faculty member, sit in on classes and rehearsals, attend a recital or ensemble performance, and meet current students.
Visits can be scheduled weekdays during normal business hours.
To schedule a College of Music visit, please contact the Music Admissions Office.
Phone: (517) 355-2140
Fax: (517) 432-8209
Prospective undergraduates: Be sure to take advantage of programs sponsored by the MSU Office of Admissions. Daily programs, student-hosted day and overnight visits, and campus tours are available. Visit their website or call (517) 355-8332 for more information.
Please note that services are limited during semester breaks and the summer sessions, and are unavailable during University holidays. To ensure you have the best visit experience possible, please avoid the following dates:
- May – September 1, 2017 (summer session, services limited)
- July 4, 2017 (University closed)
- September 29, 2017 (University closed)
- November 24-25, 2017 (University closed)
- December 12, 2016 – January 9, 2017 (semester break, services limited)
- December 23-26, 2017 (University closed)
- December 30, 2017 - January 2, 2018 (University closed)
- January 16, 2018 (services limited)
- March 6-10, 2018 (spring break, services limited)
- May - September 1, 2018 (summer session, services limited)