Composer Residency: Andrea Clearfield
Venues: See information below.
Andrea Clearfield is an award-winning full-time composer of music for orchestra, chorus, chamber ensemble, dance, and multimedia collaborations. She has been praised by the New York Times for her “graceful tracery and lively, rhythmically vital writing”, the Philadelphia Inquirer for her “compositional wizardry” and “mastery with large choral and instrumental forces”, the L.A. Times for her “fluid and glistening orchestration” and by Opera News for her “vivid and galvanizing” music of “timeless beauty”.
Monday, February 29
- 12:50-2:40 p.m. Hart Recital Hall, Music Building. Open rehearsal and composer coaching of At the Threshold of This Life with Musique 21 and the University Chorale.
- 3:00 p.m. Fairchild Theatre, MSU Auditorium. Student ACDA Chapter/MUS 335 presentation: Composition informs teaching!
- 4:00-5:30 p.m. Room 245, Music Building. Composition area colloquium: Presentation of music of Andrea Clearfield.
Tuesday, March 1
- 8:00-10:00 a.m. Room 219, Music Practice Building. Graduate Choral Conducting Seminar: Presentation on the making of At the Threshold of This Life.
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Room 207, Music Building. Running Start - Open Door: Creating New Spaces for Music.
Tuesday, March 1, Concert: Musique 21
- 7:30 p.m. Fairchild Theatre, MSU Auditorium. Free.
See the event page for more information.