The Oberlin Baroque Ensemble - Workshops
Venues: Cook Recital Hall, Room 219 MPB, and Fairchild Theatre
The Oberlin Baroque Ensemble’s members are known for their
exceptional musicianship and inspiring teaching, and are dynamic forces in the field of baroque performance practice. All are faculty at the Oberlin Conservatory of Music and at Oberlin's Baroque Performance Institute. The Oberlin Baroque Ensemble has toured throughout the United States, performing at major colleges and universities, at the Smithsonian Institution and the Frick Collection.
Thursday, January 28
- 8:00-10:00 a.m. Fairchild Theatre, MSU Auditorium “Baroque vs. modern performance practice: what conductors should know”
- 2:00-3:30 p.m. Cook Recital Hall, Music Bldg. “Baroque performance practice using modern instruments: what string players should know”
- 4:00-5:00 p.m. Room 219, Music Practice Bldg. “Baroque ornamentation for wind players”
Friday, January 29
- 10:20-11:10 a.m. Fairchild Theatre, MSU Auditorium “Improvisation and ornamentation in Baroque music”
- 3:00-4:00 p.m. Fairchild Theatre, MSU Auditorium “Bach Orchestral Suite No. 3: Open rehearsal with the MSU Symphony”
These workshops are free and open to students, faculty, and the public.
Friday, January 29, Concert: Taylor Johnston Early Music Series
- 8:00 p.m. Fairchild Theatre, MSU Auditorium,The Oberlin Baroque Ensemble
General Admission (free for students with student ID)
See the event page for more information and tickets