International Students

MSU welcomes great diversity and a thriving international community.  Music students from other countries inevitably face unique challenges. Please take the time to review the many requirements and forms needed.  

OISS Newsletter

Office of International Students (OISS) Forms

Information on CPT

CPT Form - Gigs only - (Orchestra & Jazz)

CPT Form - NON- Gigs - (Teaching or Church)

Sample CPT Letter for Employers

J-1 Form 

Enrollment Requirements 

Online Course Policy

Info on Reduced Course Load (RCL)

Reduced Courseload Form

Visiting Scholars - If you are interested in becoming a J-1 scholar at MSU, the first step is to establish a relationship with a professor in the College of Music.  Once that professor has decided to host you and notified us, the Graduate Office will compose a letter and work with you to get the necessary paperwork to submit an application to OISS on your behalf. 

Visiting Scholars Checklist 

Employer's Guide to hiring International Students