In addition to the exciting and diverse programming of our concert season, the MSU College of Music also presents a showcase series, Spartan Spectacular, opera theatre, series focusing on great composers, and three spring festivals featuring chamber music, jazz, and Latin American music.
- MSU Federal Credit Union Showcase Series: This series features the depth and breadth of excellence within the College of Music through an eclectic range of performances.
- Spartan Spectacular: This not-to-be-missed annual tradition for the Green and White faithful features the Spartan Marching Band and drumline as they take center stage with a little help from our top jazz and band ensembles.
- Joanne and Bill Church West Circle Series: This series features outstanding artist-faculty performances of chamber music focusing on well-known timeless composers from around the world.
- Taylor Johnston Early Music Series: This series brings high-quality performances of Renaissance and Baroque music played by guest artists from around the world.
- Cello Plus Chamber Music Festival: This multi-day event features classical music with acclaimed artist-faculty and renowned guest artists performing a wide variety of chamber music by favorite composers.
- MSU Opera Theatre: Each season, the MSU Opera Theatre presents two fully staged and costumed productions accompanied by a College of Music orchestral ensemble in addition to chamber operas and special events featuring faculty and students in the vocal arts area.
- Jazz Spectacular: Three swinging days of jazz performances, swing dancing, and competitions takes place on the MSU campus in April when Jazz Studies hosts high school jazz band regional festival with special guests, the MSU Professors of Jazz, and well-known jazz clinicians.
- Latin IS America: A spring festival showcasing artistic and scholarly works that dissolve boundaries and establish fresh connections between Latin American and U.S. cultures.