College of Music Supplemental Application
NOTE: Although the Dec 1 application deadline has passed, we will continue to accept applications in most areas as long as space remains. The below programs are closed for Fall 2018.
- Graduate Composition degrees
- Graduate Conducting degrees
- Master of Music in Musicology
- PhD in Music Education
- Master of Music in Music Theory
- Doctor of Musical Arts in Collaborative Piano
- Bachelor of Music in Performance for those applying in piano
- Performance Diploma and Graduate Performance degrees in:
Before continuing, please review the following list of items needed to complete the online application.
- Know the application requirements for your program.
- If your program requires an admissions audition, please review the audition requirements. This application will ask you to register for one of our audition dates. Please select an audition date only after considering all of your other commitments; it may be difficult or impossibile to reschedule your audition date once it is selected.
- You will be asked to provide information about your educational background, including GPAs, degrees earned, and dates of enrollment.
- Undergraduate applicants will be asked to self-report their SAT or ACT test scores. This section can be left blank if these scores are not yet known. Official scores must be sent to the Michigan State University Office of Admissions.
- The names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of individuals providing letters of recommendation will be requested. Undergraduate applicants are required to submit two letters of recommendation; graduate applicants are required to submit three letters of recommendation. Please note: The College of Music accepts letters of recommendation online (this is our preferred way of receiving them). Although the MSU Graduate Application also accepts letters of recommendation online, please DO NOT USE that application to submit letters of recommendation. Please use only the College of Music application to submit letters of recommendation.
- You must maintain an active email account. We will communicate often through the email address you provide on this application. Please add email@example.com to your address book to avoid lost messages.
- You will be able to save your application and return to it later to make changes or to finish. Once your application is submitted, you cannot make further changes. You can, however, return as often as you wish to check the completion status of your application as well as to upload certain supporting documents. If you have already submitted the application and wish to make a change, please contact the College of Music Admissions Office.
- If you wish to be considered for more than one program, you may be required to submit another application. Before doing so, please contact the College of Music Admissions Office to see if multiple applications are needed.